Thursday, October 11, 2007

Can't Keep Those Hands Still


I tried to sit quietly last night, but failed utterly, so I compromised by FINALLY sewing the collar on my unfinished shrug. Since I didn't have quite enough yarn to finish the pattern as written, it turns out to be a little more cardigan-y than shrug-ish, and it's very nice. The sleeves are 3/4 length (another modification resulting from the scarcity of resources) which I prefer anyway.

That finished, I started to wind the yarn in my stash - my third least favorite needlecraft activity, following sewing UFOs together, and casting on stitches. That one didn't last too long; I only would 4 skeins of the Silky Tweed before giving up for the night. The comforting (disturbing) thought is that the rest of the stash will be waiting for me whenever I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment