Sunday, December 28, 2008

Marching to the Beat of My Drummer




I am rarely one to knit or crochet a pattern that "everyone" is doing. At the same time, rarely does a pattern become an overnight sensation just because I made it. Now, though, thanks to Robyn Chachula's wonderful pattern, Austen Lace Muffler, I have become a trendsetter.

Thus far I have crocheted three versions of this pattern, and they have become so popular that I'll be teaching a project class this winter. People who don't yet crochet have expressed the desire to learn, just to make this collar. I'll gladly make this for anyone who asks and gives me yarn - it takes only 2 evenings of pleasurable stitching.

The blue one is Malabrigo Silky Merino, one of my favorite yarns. It is soft and weightless and wonderful in the hands. The yarn was leftover from Belle Epoque, one of my favorite sweater projects from last year.

The purple collar is Baby Twist from Alpaca with a Twist, and Incas Alpaca. Soft and warm and purple. The Baby Twist is leftover from the Not Wicked Stepmother Cardigan.

The pink muffler is an old stashed mohair/wool/acrylic blend. It itches, and it's pink, and will probably be a gift for someone who likes pink and can wear mohair.

Thanks Robyn, for another great pattern.

1 comment: