Saturday, December 29, 2007

Diana Ross Honors Socks, or, Round and Round and Inside Out

Pride goeth before a fall, hubris is the fatal flaw, don't count your chickens before they're hatched, etc.

Thinking I had found the magic in my loop, finally, I congratulated myself continually through 3" of ribbing, never contemplating the treachery awaiting me when the pattern shifted into the always dreaded stockinette stitch. Disaster dawned during Diana Ross receiving the 2007 Kennedy Center Honor, when I discovered that as I knit round and round, the socks were inside out!

How the hell did that happen? Can I ignore it? Pretend that I meant the socks to be reverse stockinette? Finish them this way, then turn them right side out?

What happens when I finally try the Belle Epoque sleeves, now destined for 2008 instead of 2007?

No comments:

Post a Comment