Thursday, December 27, 2007

Not Enough Magic in My Loop, or How My Husband Gets a Bonus Gift

It's time for the sleeves of Belle Epoque, and the pattern calls for them to be knit in the round. This wouldn't be such a problem, but for the can't-get-inspired-to-do-the-second-sleeve syndrome from which I suffer unless I work them simultaneously. I'm told that employing the Magic Loop method presents a palliative procedure for treatment of the syndrome, allowing both sleeves to be positioned on one large circular needle, worked in the round, assuring the same length of both.

With a Raveler proficient in the procedure at my side, we fearlessly cast on, and I was promptly puzzled. Through five or six rows the puzzlement continued; without my coach at my side, I would have been sidelined even sooner. I returned home to my needlework nest and frogged the sleeves and despaired of completing the project unless I worked the sleeves flat, and since I don't enjoy the lace pattern flat, I didn't hold out much hope.

Ration returned, and I determined to master the magic. I searched the net for Magic Loop tutorials, searched my stash for suitable stuff for socks, and here I go!

1 comment: